Which to have? Zinc, Copper or Steel Cladding
Metal cladding is the layers of metal sheets used to protect a building’s outside from the elements. A vital aspect of a number of buildings, metal cladding can be made from different types of metal depending on your requirements and the requirements of your building. Zinc, copper and steel all have individual properties that lend themselves to effective cladding, and here we run through what these properties are and help explain a bit more about each so you can choose the right type for your premises.
Zinc cladding is particularly popular in cladding work today for a number of reasons:
- It is aesthetically pleasing, providing a very attractive look to a number of buildings
- Zinc as a material can be used to envelop entire buildings as it can be shaped to follow a number of curves and angles
- It is extremely long-lasting, thanks to its weather proof, corrosion-proof and light-resistant properties
- Zinc is extremely cost-effective and less likely than the other two materials to succumb to theft if used on a building
Copper cladding is another great choice for a variety of buildings for the following reasons:
- Copper cladding is extremely durable thanks to its corrosion resistance
- It is also extremely lightweight, making it easy to work with
- Copper is 100% recyclable, meaning that at the end of the building life, this material can be put to good use elsewhere
Stainless Steel Cladding
Finally, here are some of the benefits of stainless steel cladding:
- Stainless steel is also extremely durable and resistant to environmental factors
- This metal is extremely hygienic thanks to its passive oxidised film which coats it, rendering it entirely non-porous
- Stainless steel is also 100% recyclable, making it a strong environmentally conscious choice along with copper
There is no right or wrong when it comes to choosing the type of metal for your building’s cladding, but thanks to the information provided here, it may well be that one metal will suit your premises more than another so you can make an informed choice and benefit from the best choice of material for your building’s cladding.
Here at JTC Roofing, we are proud to provide a high quality metal cladding service across the UK. For more information on our service and products, or for any other enquiry, contact us today. Our friendly team of professionals will be more than happy to help answer any queries you may have.